Betty Boop

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by David Rain, Dec 21, 2005.

1. David Rain

David Rain Screenwriter

May 7, 2005
    Now sure if this is exactly the right forum for this but I'm posting it here. I just came across a cheap public domain release of Betty Boop cartoons. After checking online I see there are lot of similar collections that I assume are all about the same.

My question is does anyone know if there is a legitimate, well-done collection of Betty's classic toons ? They seem to have been largely forgotten especially by younger generations as she seems to never be shown on television at all. I'd love to see these cartoons rescued, cleaned up and released properly. Especially in their supposed original, uncensored form. Any fellow Betty Boomers here ?

Boop Oop A Doop !
  2. Tory

Tory -The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

Jun 3, 2004
    Betty Boop cartoons are not cared for by their owner however several of the shorts have fallen into the public domain. The best of these PD releases is from Platinum, these look beautiful compared to GoodTimes and those dollar ones except they have a bug, a little logo appearing in the bottom corner of the screen like most cable channels. Alternatively one can import from France a DVD port of the Betty Boop Laserdisc boxset. I got this from FNAC and while I love it, she deserves better. You have to turn off forced French subtitles on each short.
  3. Garysb

Garysb Screenwriter

Jul 31, 2003
    Shouldn't Betty Boop cartoons now belong to Paramount where they started ? They are part of Republic films which is now owned by Paramount. Perhaps they will finally be released with the Paramount logo retored