What's new

Betty Boop coming to dvd??? (1 Viewer)

Nelson67

Auditioning
Real Name
Nelson Hughes
I do find this very hard to believe this but I recently heard that Olive Films have sub licensed the Republic film library from Viacom.Now the interesting part is that the company said that.one of their plans was to finally release the classic Betty Hoop cartoons onto dvd.Now I'm all foe this, but having a hard time.believing this.Is there any truth to this rumor mill?

ChrisOC

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris Peterson
I haven't heard anything, but it sure would be nice to see a properly mastered DVD set with input from Jerry Beck or someone like him. The best I have is a laserdisc from about 20-25 years ago.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Nelson67 said:
I do find this very hard to believe this but I recently heard that Olive Films have sub licensed the Republic film library from Viacom.Now the interesting part is that the company said that.one of their plans was to finally release the classic Betty Hoop cartoons onto dvd.Now I'm all foe this, but having a hard time.believing this.Is there any truth to this rumor mill?
Is there any link you can post to this information. Betty Boop isn't my thing, but there is a lot of stuff from Republic I would love to see.

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
Maybe it's just me, but I always found Betty Boop to be incredibly sinister and creepy looking.

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit
This isn't somebody's loopy rumor; This is Scott Peck's official word in the "Coming Soon From Olive Films" thread (Page 12, post #342)
Olive has picked up all the non-PD Betty Boop titles. About 65 or so shorts. They will release them in 1 or 2 boxed sets.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Thanks for the information. Any more specific word on the rest of the Republic library?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks