Bettercables

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Aaron Holbrook, Apr 7, 2002.

1. Aaron Holbrook

I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of cable and connectors bettercables use for there new silver serpent cables? I know the older stuff was made from Canare cable and connectors but I haven't seen the new ones. Does anyone know?

2. James Edward

James Edward Supporting Actor

I just got component cables from BC, and the connectors say Canare. Don't know about the wire, though...

3. Brad Marcus

Brad Marcus Auditioning

All Silver Serpent cable is proprietary cable manufactured exclusively for BetterCables.com.
    The cable is NOT made by Canare [​IMG]

4. Jeff Mills

Jeff Mills Stunt Coordinator

James, do they say Canare...or just look like the Canare.

Im curious to know which is correct. Based on the 2 replies, the original post is yet to be answered.

5. Aaron Holbrook

well I know the older stuff is canare.....but they changed with there new silver serpents....I figured they would start to manufacture their own.

6. Brandon B

Brandon B Second Unit

Wasn't it answered? Connectors are Canare and cable is (now) proprietary?

BB

7. Adil M

Adil M Supporting Actor

Brad,
    You told me once over the phone when I asked about the differences in your wire and the Monster M1000I component cables that since it was solid, every time you bent the wire there would be odd changes in impedance and they would be permanet and each bend would cause a permanent weakening of the wire. Also, that Bettercables being silver-plated copper had all the benefits of silver and copper... so what exactly, or hell, vaguely is this new cable your working on? [​IMG]
    I heard it was going to be all silver; that doesn't seem right.