Bettercables with Vampire Banana plugs

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Craig Ball, Dec 8, 2001.

1. Craig Ball

Craig Ball Second Unit

I want to oder some Bettercables speaker cables, I want a pair of Bi-wires for my Klipsch KLF-30's and a single set for my KLF C7.

I was just wondering if the Vampire Bananas wer good or not, I want a really tight fit, not like the no names i have now.

They'll be running between two Acurus 200x3 Amps, I'm assuming the a 5 way binding post is a 5 way binding post, what I mean are they all the same?

Will these be my best choice?

Craig

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Craig, I bought a 3-meter pair of BetterCables speaker cables with Vampire banana plugs for a pair of Totem Arro floorstanding speakers in my main stereo system about a month ago. I am very pleased with these cables. The only problem I had was that one banana plug would not fit into a binding post on my NAD C 370 integrated amp. Fortunately, the C 370 has A and B speaker inputs, and I was able to use the B inputs. I guess the one binding post on the A inputs is a bit smaller than the others, which is odd. In any event, the speaker cables are quite good. Of course, I was only using Monster XP wire before, so just about anything would represent an improvement. [​IMG] With the Vampire banana plugs, the cables were $180 USD for a pair. The Totem Arros can be biwired, but I plan on adding an NAD C 270 power amp at some point to biamp, so rather than buying a biwire pair of cables, I bought a single run and will add another single run of these cables when I biamp.
    A great thing about BetterCables is their six-month guarantee. Frankly, if you were to decide to upgrade speaker cables within six months, you could return the BetterCables cables for a full refund. Not bad.

3. Craig Ball

Craig Ball Second Unit

Thanks for the replies, I'll have to e-mal bettercables to ask about diffent size binding posts accepting banana plugs.

Craig

4. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Craig, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to contact BetterCables before ordering, seeing as you would be having cables shipped from Virginia in the USA to England. However, I think my experience with the one Vampire banana plug not fitting the NAD C 370 binding post is not representative. Banana plugs in general fit most binding posts. Spade connectors can be problematic, which is why I avoid them.

5. Mark Rich

Mark Rich Second Unit

Craig,

Save yourself a small fortune and make them yourself. You can make identical cable by buying the Canare Star Quad 4S11 cable in bulk and terminating them yourself. Its what they use and you will pay only a fraction of the cost. Of course yours may not look as nice unless you add the fancy covering.