What's new

Bettercables sells only the silver series cables now? (1 Viewer)

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
What happened to the great reasonably priced interconnects that made the BetterCables company what it is today?
Many of my systems components are linked together with those cables and much of my money went for those; ($1000's); and I'd like to know the latest reasons for the changes.;)
Paul

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Paul, why dont you write BetterCables yourself and ask them. I'm sure the membership would love to hear their response.

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Hi Bob,

Thanks for the suggestion.

They now have been invited to respond here.

Paul

Mark Rich

Second Unit
The early series of cables that Bettercables sold were Canare (V3-5cfb)products. There are numerous custom cable makers out there that sell exactly the same cables for less.

makes good business sense to market your own proprietary brand of cables. This way they dont have to compete with all the E-bay sellers under cutting them on price.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
I was told by someone at BetterCables a few months ago that they were working on a higher-end speaker cable. The person (name escapes me) did not give much detail on the make-up of these cables, but he said that they likely would not discontinue the Premium cables that are currently available. He said the new cables would be much more expensive, so BetterCables would most likely continue to offer the Premium cables as a lower-cost alternative. He didn't sound certain, however.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
I was just on BetterCables' web site, and I like their Premium speaker cables, but I found this statement to be amusing and ridiculous at the same time:
Since 1999, we have revolutionized the audio/video cable industry. We're often imitated, but never duplicated. With happy customers everywhere, it is no wonder Playboy® Magazine called us their "Favorite Web Brand"
Everyone knows that there is no better judge of audio products than Playboy. :rolleyes

Kevin Coleman

Second Unit
I did a blind test with the V3-5CFB and their new silver serpent component video cables and couldn't see a bit of difference. V3-5CFB cables can be bought on E-bay for about half of the price of silver serpents.
Kevin C. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks