What's new

Better to build ~$240 powered sub or buy retail/prebuilt? And best subwoofer ~$150 (1 Viewer)

Frank Carter

Screenwriter
The MCM plate amp is actually $99.95, you have to have at least $100 to get free shipping. I didn't need anything other than the amp when I made my order so I added a $.09 resistor to put my over the $100 limit.

There's a one year warranty with the amp and there's no boost.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
The tool I use for calculating port lengths is the free version of LspCAD available on Adire's site:

http://www.adireaudio.com/miscellaneous/software.htm

This should also be read:

http://www.adireaudio.com/tech_papers/vent_kits.htm

The SBB4 is setup for 3" ports as well. The EBS however is setup for 4" ports. And yes you could reduce the height until the volume was 214L. But keep in mind that you can't go smaller than about 22" internal dimension and still fit a full length 4" port kit. And also that at 214L the full length kit will tune to 19hz, not the under 16hz in the plan.

Mattak

Stunt Coordinator
Bleah...someone needs to proofread the design papers, since it says 4" ports on the drawing and 3" in the description for the SBB4. :angry: My fault in the end, though.

Is there any hope w/4" ports if I want to keep it within 24"x24"x29.5"?

Or how about just making it 24"x24"x33.5" (the hight of the adire alignment, width of the SBB4/EBS)?

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
The second one will work. If that doesn't include legs, then you'll be at roughly 245L and if that does include legs you'll be at roughly the Adire allignment volume. So the tune will be somewhere in the 18-20hz range.

Mattak

Stunt Coordinator
That was not including legs, outside dimensions. I think that will be the plan, then :P

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks