Better subwoofer for $120 (shipped) than this one?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Rob White, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Rob White

Rob White Stunt Coordinator

Hey folks,

Real close to choosing a sub. The Dayton 12in one here http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=300-635 is winning right now. Any reason to send my money elsewhere?

Thanks,
    Rob

p.s. I'd be willing to got to $150, but I'm not looking to get up to $200.

2. Kevin G.

Kevin G. Second Unit

Rob,
    As I mentioned in your earlier thread, I have the old model 10 inch version...If the 12 inch performs as well with more power, I wouldn't wait a second. What is your room size? any acoustical treatment? is it a tough room for your existing 301's? I'm not sure of PE's return policy...but I'd be willing to bet, if it didn't meet your standards, you'd probably only be out the shipping.

3. Rob White

Hey Kevin,

My room's L-shaped, so it's a little tough to give measurements. Imagine a 30 by 20ft rectangle, with a full quarter of it taken away. Make sense?

Floor is carpet. 8ft ceilings. Normal amount of window treatments, pictures, furniture.

Rob

4. John S

John S Producer

I actually think I like the sound and look of the advent for $99.95 with free shipping a little more.

Never compared them side to side though.

I know you said $200 was out, but consider getting two of them for a much better overall class of performance.

5. Rob White

Hey John,

My wife would never go for two of them in the living room. One's pushing it. If I was single, then the system would have a whole different look, sound, and price point.

Rob

p.s. What do you like better about the Advent?

6. Ian Silberstein

Ian Silberstein Auditioning

The Dayton is a great sub for the money. I don't think you will find anything better at that price unless there is a close out on something more expensive. However don't expect it to reach below 30 hz even in a smaller room. Still, even with its limits, it produces plenty of boom.[​IMG]

Ian