What's new

Better receiver or sub? Question of bass coming out of mains. (1 Viewer)

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
I just have a pair of boston towers right now. Nothing else. So all my bass is coming out of my mains. Its seems at higher volumes that my reciever sounds like its straining. Do you think that just getting a sub and redirecting this would solve all my problems, or should I still look into a new receiver. I think Im going to get a new receiver now anyways, and get a sub for my b-day. But do you think I dont need to???

John S

Senior HTF Member
I do think a sub would do you, it really does free up quite a bit of power requirements from the AVR.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Get the meanest you can possibly get!!!!
For HT in particular there is no such thing as to mean of a sub.

I really think that will have more performance impact for you.

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
OK....normaly I don't do this but I am going to anyway. Jesse, on this forum page there are 6 threads you started!! Almost all of them could have been combined into one thread. Please ask similar questions in the thread you have already started. I am suprised a mod. has not caught up on this....you are lucky. This is frowned upon by most of the membership here. I would have chimed in and offered advice to you long ago as I have yamaha and Boston gear but I do not know which thread to do it on!!!!

John S

Senior HTF Member
See'n your a Colorado member, I am in Denver, if you ever want to eval anything I own just come on over.

I use a 15" Velodyne Sub, by the way, and highly suggest them as a great under $500 sub.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks