What's new

Better Off Dead dvd cover box art? (1 Viewer)

Cary T

Screenwriter
Anyone have screen shots of the Better Off Dead DVD cover? I hope it would be that dreadful VHS cover of Cusack's head shot, lol. That's like the worst cover ever. If I were designing the cover dvd box, I'd have an art work of Cusack accidentally hanging himself like in the movie.

Cary T

Screenwriter
thanks mike, I'll be picking this up in July. But, I still like my idea of the animated accidental suicide attempt cover. Maybe Anchor Bay will release this in the future in a SE...one can only hope :)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Holy crap, is that an awful cover. I loved the old VHS picture! (The one with all the characters standing on the bridge.)

I'll be picking this one up, of course, but MAN that's a weak cover!

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
I don't know what has gotten into Paramount lately.

Their cover art on catalog titles just doesn't cut it anymore. Just look at Top Secret's cover art.

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
when is this movie coming out? It is one of me and my wifes favorite movies!! How could I have missed the release date of this one?!!?!

thanks!

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Holy crap, is that an awful cover. I loved the old VHS picture! (The one with all the characters standing on the bridge.)
That was also the original poster art to the movie. :)
But let me just say this... holy shit that is one ugly cover. I thought we would get the John Cusack headshot like the VHS that is out now (which is far superior to this new cover art). Oh well, at least the movie will be coming to DVD on July 16th. :)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Matthew, as awful as it looks, at least it is the original art. Paramount has usually stuck to that in the past, so I would hate to see them get away from it now. It's a relief to know that this is what they are using, for better or for worse!

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Matthew, as awful as it looks, at least it is the original art.
Whatcha talking about David? :D THIS is the original art...
betterdead.jpg

Look how it even has the Warner Brothers logo on the poster (as they originally released it to theaters with FOX having video rights till now). :)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I gotcha Matthew...my mistake. I interpreted your post to mean that the one of the characters on the bridge WAS NOT the original poster art, and that the one on the DVD was.

So now I'm concerned about that very thing I mentioned. I hope this is an exception, and not indicative of a general move away from using the original art for their DVD covers.

OTOH, if Paramount is considering P&S, then this is the lesser of our worries, right?

MikeM

Screenwriter
Let's see, I too hate this original cover. I know this DVD isn't out until July, but since I love the movie, I created a a custom cover for this DVD based on the original artwork.
Here's what it looks like:
bodSmall.jpg

If anyone wants to download a full high res version of this cover, I've put it up at my custom covers site, DVDCoverSite.com
If you're interested in downloading it, you may want to grab it now, even though it doesn't come out until July. I never know when my freebie web hosting account might get pulled.
I can't wait for this one...hope it's a good transfer. Enjoy!

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Mike,

Love the cover and also love the Twilight Zone covers on your site. I had created a cover for a 6 disc case for the TZ 40th Anniversary, but it was nothing special, I just had to get it out of that cardboard box and those jewel casses! I really like your design. Is your site new? How long have you been doing this?

-Ric

MikeM

Screenwriter
Ric,
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I just put up my site to host the custom covers I create.
For Better Off Dead, I like this movie too much to have that funky Paramount cover in my collection. Glad you like it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation199
Recent bookmarks