Better Off Dead dvd cover box art?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Cary T, May 2, 2002.

1. Cary T

Cary T Screenwriter

Anyone have screen shots of the Better Off Dead DVD cover? I hope it would be that dreadful VHS cover of Cusack's head shot, lol. That's like the worst cover ever. If I were designing the cover dvd box, I'd have an art work of Cusack accidentally hanging himself like in the movie.

2. MikeM

MikeM Screenwriter

Here's the cover:
    [​IMG]
    Damn he looks young.

3. Cary T

Cary T Screenwriter

thanks mike, I'll be picking this up in July. But, I still like my idea of the animated accidental suicide attempt cover. Maybe Anchor Bay will release this in the future in a SE...one can only hope [​IMG]

4. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Holy crap, is that an awful cover. I loved the old VHS picture! (The one with all the characters standing on the bridge.)

I'll be picking this one up, of course, but MAN that's a weak cover!

5. Walt Riarson

Walt Riarson Supporting Actor

I don't know what has gotten into Paramount lately.

Their cover art on catalog titles just doesn't cut it anymore. Just look at Top Secret's cover art.

6. JasonKrol

JasonKrol Supporting Actor

when is this movie coming out? It is one of me and my wifes favorite movies!! How could I have missed the release date of this one?!!?!

thanks!

7. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

8. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Matthew, as awful as it looks, at least it is the original art. Paramount has usually stuck to that in the past, so I would hate to see them get away from it now. It's a relief to know that this is what they are using, for better or for worse!

9. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

10. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

I gotcha Matthew...my mistake. I interpreted your post to mean that the one of the characters on the bridge WAS NOT the original poster art, and that the one on the DVD was.

So now I'm concerned about that very thing I mentioned. I hope this is an exception, and not indicative of a general move away from using the original art for their DVD covers.

OTOH, if Paramount is considering P&S, then this is the lesser of our worries, right?

11. MikeM

MikeM Screenwriter

Let's see, I too hate this original cover. I know this DVD isn't out until July, but since I love the movie, I created a a custom cover for this DVD based on the original artwork.
    Here's what it looks like:
    [​IMG]
    If anyone wants to download a full high res version of this cover, I've put it up at my custom covers site, DVDCoverSite.com
    If you're interested in downloading it, you may want to grab it now, even though it doesn't come out until July. I never know when my freebie web hosting account might get pulled.
    I can't wait for this one...hope it's a good transfer. Enjoy!

12. Ric Easton

Ric Easton Cinematographer

Mike,

Love the cover and also love the Twilight Zone covers on your site. I had created a cover for a 6 disc case for the TZ 40th Anniversary, but it was nothing special, I just had to get it out of that cardboard box and those jewel casses! I really like your design. Is your site new? How long have you been doing this?

-Ric

13. MikeM

MikeM Screenwriter

Ric,
    Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I just put up my site to host the custom covers I create.
    For Better Off Dead, I like this movie too much to have that funky Paramount cover in my collection. Glad you like it. [​IMG]