Better framing on Carrie SE?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Palermo, Aug 19, 2001.

1. Mark Palermo

Mark Palermo Second Unit

I'm not sure if it's worth me picking up the new Carrie disc as I already have the old one, don't care that much for extras, and DVDFile claims there's no real reason advantages if you can't support anamorphic enhancement. I only wonder whether the new disc corrects the framing of the older release. You can clearly see the problem in that the first of the opening credits is badly cropped (I don't think it's overscan because several reviews make notice of it). Can anybody shed light on whether the new one is fixed? It's one of my favorite movies ever, but with all the De Palma stuff coming out my cash is limited.
    Thanks!
    Mark

2. Kenny Goldin

Kenny Goldin Second Unit

I as planning on picking this up, and I had never heard of the previos framing issue...hope it is corrected or else I won;t be buying it! [​IMG]
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    Jay and Silent Bob in
    CLERKS

3. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer

Hmm... I swear I responded to this thread yesterday...
    In any case, I wasn't aware of any prior framing concern because I never saw the old release. However, I saw no indications of cropping during the SE's credits. I'm not sure what parts of the credits were chopped originally, but they all had room to spare on the SE...
    ------------------
    Colin Jacobson
    DVD Movie Guide
    www.dvdmg.com