What's new

Better Call Saul - Season 4 (AMC) (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Interesting how the opening scene with Chuck winning what Howard thought was an unwinnable case seemed to have set the scene for Jimmy calling Howard a shitty lawyer.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
cancun-with-me-day-tours.jpg

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Little did Mike know that prior to becoming a German engineering-wizard, Kai was a founding and integral member of the deadliest dojo in the state of California along with Johnny Lawrence and his "GET 'EM A BODY BAG YEAAAAAAH!!"-sidekick.

EDIT: Like, the biggest grin on my face right now. Straight up Negan-it.

Last edited:

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Explain a TV episode badly:

A cell-phone salesman uses piñatas to threaten street thugs.

"You're, like, the stupidest person I've ever met," rivals, "That's how you do it. We had them pissing their pants," as the unwisest line ever uttered by anyone on the show this season. Those guys are lucky it was Jimmy and not Gus. Also, that big dude was the same guy that Mike scared off from the protection-job in "Pimento," after Mike fucked up Trevor from GTA V.

Even as a child, Gus was a fucking lunatic. Gotta wonder what Gale would've thought if he'd witnessed that speech, LOL. Goddamn it, was that just a showcase for a hell of an actor. And I actually really like that little glimpse into the more outwardly-disgusting side of his psychology, as opposed to that "glamorous villain" calm, cold propriety.

And the cold-open with Kim fangirling over Chuck's case-win and Jimmy showing his law shortcomings really made their almost-breakup at the restaurant so much more tragic. I mean, he started to study for her. Not for Chuck. It's just a tragic love story, after all.

Also:

- ...Damn, that Kaylee can sure swing a baseball bat. She's really grown up over the course of this series.

- Now I know why Mike was so mad at Walt for destroying Fring's operation. It was his baby, too.

- At the end of the season, I would like to see a mash-up of every time Jimmy asks Kim what she wants for dinner that night.

- If David Lynch ever made a black-and-white, "Have you, or a loved one?"-type of late night commercial, it would look exactly like Jimmy's Sandpiper ad.

- Even though Howard has always been a big, wet boy, I will always love him.

- That bar that Mike set up better have some Schraderbräu.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
I cannot wait to see Mike destroy Kai. It's what I crave more than anything else in the world.

Giancarlo Esposito could just talk about anything and make it absolutely compelling...but the whole time he was telling that story, all I could think of was his Westworld-monologue, and it left me wondering if he just has a folder of ominous monologues based around childhood memories that he takes from job to job. Like, he takes a 10% pay-cut if they allow him to do a monologue.

I hope they give him a flashback episode before the series closes. A super-sized episode that just follows him arriving in the U.S. and setting up Los Pollos Hermanos.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
SLIPPIN' KIMMY

I think Jimmy has officially reached the point of no return. He could've dropped this whole cell-phone scheming-thing, went to therapy, and made up with Kim. He chose the opposite, and now something's going to go horribly wrong with Kim, and turn him into full-blown Saul. The progressive deterioration demonstrated in that montage at the beginning of the episode of Jimmy and Kim's relationship was amazing.

And I just love that everyone has been expecting some big huge blow-up to take place, but what might actually do the relationship in is just loss of love and poor communication. Nothing crazy, but painfully realistic. Chuck's death seems to have motivated Kim, while having the exact opposite effect on Jimmy.

Also, Kai might be an asshole, but the real issue with the construction crew appears to be the bearded guy whom Kai was fighting with. Dude is clearly a problem-drinker, and was probably liquored up to the gills when he crashed the Bobcat into that support.

Other great stuff tonight:

- Hector checkin' out the li'l mamacitas in the hospital. Hector reminds me of Cotton Hill in the VA. He definitely wanted to ding that nurse.

- Jimmy McGill at your company party is like a chimp with a machine gun.

- Gus sensually fingering that knife while talking about Hector with the doctor.

- What originally pissed off Gus beyond measure has turned into a Burl Ives Christmas.

- Mike speaking German is now my spirit animal.

- Saul calls Walt "D.B. Cooper" in his first appearance. Cool callback.

- Markers and posterboard...a public demonstration in support of one of the pillars of Albuqurque society, Huell Babineaux?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks