What's new

Better Call Saul - Season 4 (AMC) (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
I thought he was gonna say, "You know what they say: 'The law is sacred'."

("It's a machine gun, and I'm the monkey.")

Are you really Employee of the Month if you're the only employee?

EDIT: "Classic Scalia," LOL

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
You want to hate them, but like Chuck, they’re not exactly wrong.
...And Chuck wins, even from the grave. Fuck.

The ONE TIME Jimmy actually is truly, genuinely sincere, people think he's insincere, and it fucks him over. That explains why he's such a plastic piece of shit in BrBa.

And that woman with the glasses knew he was full of shit. She might have known Chuck. That language-warning at the very beginning of the episode might legitimately be a "FUCK CHUCK" coming after that scene, and Jimmy not being able to bring him up...

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
"No no no! You do NOT hunt a man!!"
- Frank Reynolds

Werner is gonna die. Like, a lot.

Great episode, and best of the season for me. Kim is an enabler, and that's not good. She and Jimmy have obvious issues, and it's only a matter of time before it all ends horribly. Kim's turn to the slippies was made even clearer with this episode, especially with her concentration still being on Mesa Verde and her and Jimmy's big argument.

What the hell was going through his mind when he was being so dumb to her? Obviously, we all want to see him descend fully into Saul, but that really hurt me 'cause I really like these guys. The conversation at the end brings hope and worry to me, mainly for Kim, because this can't possibly end well for her.

The way that episode ended was so clever and beautiful. You finally realize Werner used the lasers to "blind" the camera (exactly similar to how Mike later blinds the camera in Breaking Bad's "Live Free or Die") and the episode just ends that way. You realize exactly how Werner escaped, and the episode cuts you off right there. No way Werner makes it out alive, but I also wonder if Gus is going to wipe out the rest of the boys due to Werner's insolence. Gus is not going to be happy with this development, given that they're already well behind schedule now.

The teaser for the next episode shows Jimmy near Chuck's grave. I'm really curious to hear what Jimmy has to say to his brother. When he said "dead brother," I think that was the first time I had ever heard him acknowledge Chuck's death out loud. It made me feel really weird to realize that Jimmy knows his brother is dead, but hasn't fully accepted it yet.

When he told the people in his reinstatement meeting that for the past year he really missed the law, I got the impression he was talking about Chuck. No matter what you think of Chuck, he had and has a profound effect on Jimmy, and Jimmy knows it. Jimmy's entire perspective on the law (from his speech) is based from Chuck in some way.

Other thoughts:

- Fast and Furious 9 starring Jimmy McGill/Saul Goodman/Gene Takovic.

- If Rhea Seehorn doesn't at least get an Emmy nomination next year, then the award no longer means anything.

- "A lawyer guilty people hire." I guess Betsy Kettleman's words still sting for Jimmy. What a callback.

- That old lady grabbing her pocketbook when Nacho walks by was so classic.

- When I learned they were making a show about Saul Goodman, I somehow didn't realize I'd be watching really, really tense scenes of Germans walking down staircases.

- It looked like Tyrus tumbled over an exhaust-grate at the second the blast went off to A) mask the noise, and B) keep the blast from knocking off the grate.

- It's extremely probable that these German guys have nothing to do with Walter White. But imagine, from Mike's perspective, when a white meth-dealer going by the name "Heisenberg" finally shows up...

Also, next week's season finale runs even longer than tonight's episode, at a full 90 minutes long.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
If those New Mexico state bar-folks wanted Jimmy to just talk about Chuck, then the questions should have been:

"Are you familiar with your brother, Chuck McGill?"

"How great was your brother, Chuck McGill?"

"Why was Chuck so awesome?"

"If Chuck McGill were in this room at this very moment, how would you express your gratitude to him?"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks