What's new

Better Call Saul - Season 3 (AMC) (1 Viewer)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
One thing that bugs me a bit about this whole process of Jimmy becoming Saul (and yes, the disbarment as McGill was probably always the reason) is that Albuquerque ain't that big a town, and how could he re-establish himself as another attorney without most everyone knowing it. I guess the point will be, everyone does, and keeps clear... except for the lowlifes and criminals.
Not to mention the likeliness of them seeing the commercials.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
And before he started throwing them I was thinking, "Vince, you're better than letting him get it on the first try." I would have been disappointed if he got it on the first try.

I was really just poking gentle fun at Mike being an almost inhuman badass. And, enjoying calling him son from behind the safety of this keyboard.

The more I see of BCS, the more pissed I am at Mike getting jobbed by that punk Walter White.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The more I see of BCS, the more pissed I am at Mike getting jobbed by that punk Walter White.
I've had the Breaking Bad Blu-ray box set forever and I just started watching it recently. What's amazing is how much more rich Better Call Saul makes the supporting characters of BB. Obviously, Saul and Mike but seeing Tuco, Hector, the cousins and even Krazy 8 or Francesca in BB now, they all have more history and all seem more real.

I missed this one but the doctor that Mike gets the drugs from in this episode was the same doctor that saves Mike after he got shot as Gus poisoned Don Eladio and his crew in the fourth season.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
So, apparently, the faded shoes in the beginning of the episode were a flash forward and are the same shoes that Mike left up there and shot a hole in.

Right; and the other important piece of information is that in the flash forward scene we see a Los Pollos Hermanos truck driving the route. When Mike sabotages the vehicle it bears a Regalo Helado sign. Indicating that Gustavo has taken that part of the business away from Hector.

BTW, I rechecked the opening scene and you can see a bullet hole in the toe of one of the sneakers.

- Walter.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I've had the Breaking Bad Blu-ray box set forever and I just started watching it recently. What's amazing is how much more rich Better Call Saul makes the supporting characters of BB. Obviously, Saul and Mike but seeing Tuco, Hector, the cousins and even Krazy 8 or Francesca in BB now, they all have more history and all seem more real.

I missed this one but the doctor that Mike gets the drugs from in this episode was the same doctor that saves Mike after he got shot as Gus poisoned Don Eladio and his crew in the fourth season.

The problem I have is the amount of time it has been since I watched Breaking Bad, so I don't remember these characters that made a brief appearance here and there.

However, I am greatly grateful that you guys remember and are pointing them out in this thread.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I figure Travis knows more about Lost than Damon Lindelof and more about Breaking Bad than Vince Gilligan. I am more like you, Ron, but I can't wait to watch the two shows back to back when Saul is done. I'm watching BCS first when I do that.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
This weeks episode really made me contemplate the time-table and when it will fully link up with BB. I'm hoping for a minimum of five season, and that would be fine with me if they split the final season into two, giving us more episodes. I'm also curious what year were are currently in calendar-wise. The pilot was in 2002 IIRC, anyone know if they've said how many months/years have gone?

The look on Chuck's face when Jimmy was telling him he was going to die alone was almost heart-breaking! But I have to admit it gave me quite the laugh that Jimmy got that jab in him.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm also curious what year were are currently in calendar-wise. The pilot was in 2002 IIRC, anyone know if they've said how many months/years have gone?
Yeah, I believe the pilot is set in mid-2002 and I don't recall any big chunks of time going by so I'd say it was now probably early 2003 or maybe even mid-2003. Saul came into Breaking Bad in what would have been late 2008 so the two shows are still about 5 years apart. Personally, I don't think you're going to see the two series directly connect (not without a time jump anyway) because Saul & Mike seem pretty comfortable in their criminal roles by the time of BB and BCS seems more interested in showing how they become criminals.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Last edited:

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
I instantly recognized Molly Hagan as Lea Thompson's best friend in Some Kind of Wonderful.

d87e270ddc0fcc4a3dbecd1046ead125.jpg

img_1953-jpg.1216152

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
The return of Dons Eladio and Bolsa. I guess Hector confirmed that Gus and Max were in a relationship.
Yeah, it seemed somewhat implied in the pool-flashback in Breaking Bad. But now the whole "Butt Brothers"-thing we just watched only further implies it, IMO. (Or Hector could just be saying that to make fun of him with no proof.)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it seemed somewhat implied in the pool-flashback in Breaking Bad. But now the whole "Butt Brothers"-thing we just watched only further implies it, IMO. (Or Hector could just be saying that to make fun of him with no proof.)
Yeah, I would imagine that, in that world, Gus and Max wouldn't be open even if they were making a fortune for the cartel so it's all rumor or suspicion to the various Dons.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks