Better buy than "10" TITANIC VANCE SUBWOOFER KIT" at partsexpress.com ($349)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Boka, Aug 3, 2002.

1. Boka

Boka Stunt Coordinator

I'm looking for the best sub for < $400 to be used with a home theater. So far the best deal seems to be an (almost) everything included DIY at partsexpress.com
    http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshow...=300-739&DID=7
    Know of anything better for the price ?
    I'll take prebuilt or simple DIY but nothing that requires cabinet making, etc...
    User reviews from someone who has one of these ?

2. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

The Adire Rava is only $399 and comes fully finished. And The Shiva has a significant displacement advantage over the 10" Titanic driver.

3. Geoff L

Geoff L Screenwriter

Dustins right, the RAVA is going to better the Titanic kit and comes Finished. Nothig against the PE 10" kit it's a good sub...

RAVA = better,,, and gives you out of the shipping box Plug and play! Nice looking too....

4. Kyle Richardson

Kyle Richardson Screenwriter

Dusin and Geoff are correct. The Rava will give you more output due to the larger driver and both will sound about the same when tightness is concerned.
    I say if $50 is a concern, you don't needs tons of output, and you don't mind putting it together (very easy) then the Titanic is hard to beat. If $50 doesnt bother you, you need a bit more output than a 10" driver can provide, and you just want to plug it in and go then the Rava is a better choice.
    Good luck!