What's new

Bette Davis' - The Nanny (1965) ?? (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
How come this hasn't been released to DVD yet and are there any plans to do so in the near future?

I would have thought this would definitely be available, but apparently not...

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Why are you asking a question that none of us can really answer for sure about why it hasn't been released on dvd? Once other HTF members told you the name of this title, you would've been better off starting a thread in studio feedback to request this title. It's a Hammer production that Fox released before, but that doesn't necessarily mean that Fox has the dvd rights. Anyhow, to answer your question, I don't know and I haven't heard a thing about a dvd release.

Crawdaddy

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member

Maybe I missed some inside details; I didn't bring anything up with the search engine, so it seemed like a valid post/question that someone might have been able to answer...

Anyways, thanks.. I suppose.

Charles H

Screenwriter
Anchor Bay is bringing out THE ANNIVERSARY--another Bette Davis-Hammer project from the Sixties--later in 2005 so I would suspect that THE NANNY will also come from AB. If you like THE NANNY, you might want to check out BUNNY LAKE IS MISSING--both are based on novels by Evelyn Piper.

Bill Huelbig

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Huelbig
Thanks, Marco, for bringing up the title. I have to admit it got my hopes up to see it mentioned on the forum - I thought it might be on its way. And maybe it will be ("Hush ... Hush, Sweet Charlotte" is coming soon from Fox, after all).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.