BestBuy.Com has specs up for ST:TNG Season 2! Bonus PC CD-ROM, too!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Lambert, Feb 10, 2002.

1. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Well, for TNG Season 1 we saw that Best Buy posted the specs pretty quickly, and advised that they would be distributing "with Bonus CD-ROM" when it ships 3/26:
    http://www.bestbuy.com/mandm/ProductInfo.asp?ProdType=movie&ST=11100372 http://www.simonsays.com/subs/book.cfm?areaid=58&isbn=0671317776
    NOW we see that BestBuy.COM has posted info for Season 2 as well. AND also about the Bonus CD-ROM they will distribute with THIS one! Date is 5/7. Oh, and the box is Orange! [​IMG] :
    http://www.bestbuy.com/mandm/productInfo.asp?prodType=movie&ST=11101735&genre=&cat=&scat= http://www.simonsays.com/subs/book.cfm?isbn=0671317806&areaid=58

2. Wade K

Wade K Second Unit

I was gonna avoid these in favor of DS9, but they're making it damn tempting.

3. Randy Duncan

Randy Duncan Auditioning

Resistance is futile.

NextGen is Trek at its absolute finest, closely followed by DS9 (which I still miss very much). Then comes TOS. I refuse to so much as acknowledge Berman's last two efforts, which stink beyond comparison.

NextGen Season 2 is head & shoulders above season 1... Q Who?, Loud As A Whisper, A Matter of Honor, et al & so forth. Whetting my appetite for season 3, which IMO was the pinnacle of greatness (although subsequent years also had great episodes).

Looks like Paramount is going with the rainbow color scheme. My guess is that the season 3 box will be yellow, followed by green in season 4, and so on through the spectrum. So what do they do for DS9?

-- Elrand

4. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

I wonder if I'll be able to talk someone at my local Best Buy into getting me one of those extra discs, assuming that it's available in store.

5. BrianB

BrianB Producer

The picture makes it look like the free CDROM is just hte "Interactive Technical Manual", which was released a while ago on the PC - should be available to buy in bargain bins [​IMG]

6. David Lambert

Yes, BrianB, but why pay anything when you can get it for free along with getting the best B&M price on the season sets? And knowing for a fact you can watch it all on street date?

I'm down with that. Besides, have you SEEN these in a bargain bin lately? Not me.

7. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

When you are done with Malcolm, could you post the links to the Best Buy page with Season 1 and 2 specs? I can't get a search to find it.

8. David Lambert

The pictures of the packages in the first post in this thread ARE links to the pages you want. Back to Malcom, which is getting lamers by the moment. Cheers,

9. BrianB

BrianB Producer

10. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Well Voyager Stunk for the most part, but I think Enterprise is showing Promise. So I withhold Judgement on that. TNG over all is very good Trek, but I think DS9was the better show.

11. Michael Johnston

Michael Johnston Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone know for sure if you can get the bonus CD when buying in the store on release date, or do you have to preorder online to get it?
    Thanks,
    Michael

12. Michael Johnston

Michael Johnston Stunt Coordinator

13. David Lambert

Michael, I definately consider CostCo a B&M! [​IMG]
    Thanks for the info; I simply had missed that CostCo was posting data about it now.
    Sam's Club, Circuit City, and FYE still have nothing posted on their websites that I can find.
    I just checked Suncoast's site and found that they now show Season 1 - WITH a "Disc 8: Bonus CD-ROM - An Exclusive" for $112.49. They don't describe the bonus CD-ROM at all, but since they are owned by Best Buy, it's possible for it to be the same thing Best Buy has and still call it "an exclusive". It might be different, though...no way to know until they describe it. Someone run by Suncoast and ask, okay? [​IMG]
    Border's site has had info up for Season 1, and over the weekend seems to have added info for Season 2, just like Best Buy did. No talk of bonus discs there, for either season set. Indeed, they show a price of $124.99 on the first set, but so far show N/A on the price for Season 2.
    The site for Tower Records continues to have a "placeholder" for Season 1, consisting of the features list, but no pricing is available nor do they let you pre-order (it says "This title is not yet available for purchase, but should be available to order 28 days before the release date."). A good shot of the front of the box, though! [​IMG]
    As far as CostCo's $96.99 price, that's terrific and interesting, but I was hoping that they would get it down closer to the price range they were selling the Godfather Saga at...$65.99 (I knew it wasn't gonna be THAT cheap, but a number starting with an 8 would have been great).
    For $3 more I get the Simon & Schuster Interactive PC discs, and with Best Buy's typical first-week discounts I might get the bonus software - which I don't own myself, so BrianB can forgive me for getting excited of the prospect - along with the season sets AND save a buck or two. I think, like separating the saucer section in "The Best Of Both Worlds", I'll consider CostCo a good fallback plan at this time, and concentrate on the Best Buy deal. That is, unless better opportunities present themselves! [​IMG]

14. Ryan Spaight

Ryan Spaight Supporting Actor

I hope they've updated that Tech Manual software since it came out, because that was one of the titles I had that broke in transition from Windows 3.1 to Win95! (Yes, it's that old.)

Ryan

15. Jeff Bamberger

Jeff Bamberger Second Unit

I think that with a 99.99 price on their web site, we may possibly see a hot price or the like around the $75 point. Now that would be awesome.

Best Buy please make it so!!!

16. David Lambert

Now now, Jeff...don't go Ferengi on us! [​IMG]
    $75 range is asking for a lot! I'll take it, of course, but I'd personally be happy with something in the 80's!
    Then we'll see if Circuit City or Fry's will try to take them down! [​IMG]

17. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    It's a tough call I was hoping Costco might have these around $79, no such luck. $96 is going to suck to pay for each season. I'm debating whether I should take the $85 price of North American or hold out for hopefully a lower B&M Price. It's iffy there will be a lower price. North American is tough to cancel from once you order.