Best Xbox football game?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Peter D, Jan 6, 2002.

1. Peter D

Peter D Stunt Coordinator

With NFL2K2 coming out this week, there's an abundance of good football games on the Xbox to choose from. Which one would you guys pick (NFL2K2, Madden 2002, or NFL Fever 2002) and why?

2. Bergan Peters

Bergan Peters Stunt Coordinator

If I had NO football games, then hands down I would pick Madden 2002. It's the only serious football game out there.

But that's not the case, I had Madden 2002 for my PS2, so I preordered NFL2K2 for the Xbox Yesterday. It comes out on the 9th, I'll give my complete review that morning.

3. Jeffrey_Jones

Jeffrey_Jones Second Unit

I have NFL Fever 2002 and I love it. I can't compare it against the other football games that are available but I was looking for a realistic, yet arcade style game with amazing graphics. NFL Fever was a perfect fit.

Thanks,

Jeff

4. Randall Z

Randall Z Stunt Coordinator

having played fever 2002, madden 2002, and nfl 2k1 (for the dreamcast), I would say that Madden is hands down the best of the three. Unless there are a ton of gameplay improvements for 2k2 (which I have heard there aren't - that's why i didn't get 2k2), I would go with Madden. In fact, I did!
    [​IMG]

5. Dave Falasco

Dave Falasco Screenwriter

Having played Madden and Fever, I liked Fever better, but not by much. However, I wasn't taken enough by either one to make a purchase, so I am anxiously awaiting reaction to 2K2. If anyone does pick this one up this week, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it!
    Oh, and Randall, I was puzzling over your signature acronym...it isn't Star Wars related by any chance, is it? [​IMG]

6. Matthew_S

Matthew_S Second Unit

I have Madden and I really like it. It's totally customizable; almost too much! The only thing i don't like is that when you play the CPU, the "rookie" mode is way too easy and the "pro" mode is way too hard. It's always been like this with Madden. You can go in and adjust the AI levels for the CPU, though. Anyway, I vote for Madden.

7. Chad Ferguson

Chad Ferguson Supporting Actor

Buy Fever if you like a more a simulated error filled version of NFL Blitz.

8. Michael Hudson

Michael Hudson Stunt Coordinator

I say NFL2K2 the DC version rocks and I hear the XBOX is going to be ever better. I do not like Madden at all. To me Madden 94 was the peak. [​IMG]

9. Tim Sly

Tim Sly Stunt Coordinator

Haven't purchased yet but briefly tried Madden and NFL Fever and Fever definately has cooler graphics but is the defensive AI to easy as I have heard in reviews?

Who does the commentating in NFL Fever and does it have good sound? At Target on the demo there is no sound. At a friends I heard Madden and it sounded like a real game! I'll will have to decide between these two games.