Best wireless remote extender - Recoton, PowerMid or Radio Shack???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Edil Cajigas, Dec 4, 2001.

1. Edil Cajigas

Edil Cajigas Extra

Hi!

Ok, thanks to the help that I get from members of this forum, I think that a wireless infrared remote extender is the best option to control my equipment.

I found 3 products in the market

Recoton DSC-IR100 - $30.00 on the web

PowerMid PM5900 - $40.00 on the web

Radio Shack model (that looks like the PowerMid)- $50.00

Any comments on the performance and quality of this products?

Do you know any other similar product?

Thanks!

Best regards

Edil

2. Michael Johnston

Michael Johnston Stunt Coordinator

I use the Radio Shack set and they work great for me. I believe that the PowerMids and the RS ones are actually made by the same manufacturer. The only difference would be the name. Not sure about the Recoton.
    There are other higher end options such as Niles and Xantech depending on what you are trying to do.
    Michael

3. Vin

Vin Supporting Actor

I also use the Radio Shack remote extender.....works great!

4. Rob Blakeslee

Rob Blakeslee Auditioning

Terk makes a great RF remote extender that will allow you to use anywhere within 100+ ft of the base unit. They just started to make these again and I'm not sure if they have updated their website. I have had one for over 5 years and love it. I believe Sound and Vision had it featured in their new products section a couple of months ago.

good luck !

5. Edil Cajigas

Edil Cajigas Extra

Thanks for all your responces!!!
    Ok I get more feedback on the Radio Shack unit so I get that one for $60 (price in my area AUCH!). It is working perfectly, even here where all walls are concrete. But guess what? is the same Powermid unit... identical units. The Powermid is $10 to $15 less expensive so I think you can try that one without problems. The Recoton is even cheaper $29, I think that it should work as well so if you want try it.
    Again thanks for all your support! [​IMG]
    Best Regards
    Edil