What's new

best way to wash your car. (1 Viewer)

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
if you don't want to order zano (I don't..) You can get S100 wax at your local harley dealer. It comes well reccomended from autopia.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
If I have to wash during the day, I try to use the garage as well. Screw what the neighbors think!

It is truly great stuff! The best I have used. I haven't used it on perforated leather, but I dont think it would a problem.

Highly recommended.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter

Thanks Rob, I think I'm going to give it a try. The perforated leather seats in my car have really been troublesome to keep. The holes get clogged up with leather conditioner and it looks pretty crappy.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member

I've wanted to try zano, but it's just too spendy with shipping for my tastes, the S100 is fantastic though.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member

The ironic thing about this statement is that I would pay twice what Zaino asks for their products. They are that much better.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
The Absorber is great! That's what I use to dry my cars. If it gets dirty, you just throw it in the washer. It does a much better job of drying than a chamois and only cost around $10.

I use the Zaino leather cleaner and conditioner. They both work great. I have perforated leather for part of my seats and haven't noticed any buildup but my Vette's only a couple months old. Not enough time for buildup in the holes. I don't remember having a problem with my previous Vette though.

BradleyS.

Stunt Coordinator
my grandmother bought me a couple absorbers off QVC a year or two ago. I'm sure they stil have them, but I bet some auto stores carry them also.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Pretty much all of the local auto stores around here (SoCal) carry the Absorber. About 10 bucks and worth every penny!

:emoji_thumbsup:

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Another :emoji_thumbsup: for the Absorber. You can also get them at Walmart for about $8 if you want to save a couple bucks. I've seen them in all the auto shops I frequent (Kragen/Checkers, autozone, Pep Boys).

I use Blitz wax and it goes on and off quickly. Apply by hand (melts in your hand) and wipe a thin coat on. Wait 10 minutes, wipe off with cotton diaper. Easy and provides a great shine. I wax twice a year or so. Minimal dust but I end up going over the car again with my CA duster to get the remainder of the wax dust off. No big deal.

Another good website is Car Care Specialties. Nice folks and lots of knowledge also.

BradleyS.

Stunt Coordinator
I just finished testing out my turtle wax(dont know if its considered good or not). I tried it on a samll spot, and befoe I knew it I had half the car done. I'm very happy with the effects. It looks very shiny and lots better than when I bought it. I did come across one problem while waxing though, it seems the previous owner ran over some wet ceament and it is stuck on the underside of my fenders. What is the best way to try to remove it?

LewB

Screenwriter

If you are happy, then that is all that matters ! :emoji_thumbsup:
As for the concrete splatter, check out Autopia.org and search on 'concrete'. I did and found a couple of posts saying to use vinegar and one of those nylon covered sponges that you use for removing bugs and other ick. Remember that the vinegar is an acid and you will need to re-wax any areas you treat.
Good luck !

BradleyS.

Stunt Coordinator
Hmm.. I might have to try the vinegar, but I really dont see how it could be strong enough to remove it. I also have this awesome spray called De-solve-it or something like that. It is a orange citrus spray and will remove almost anything. Since it's a citrus spray wouldnt it be safe on paint?

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I just have to say how happy I am to see so many loyal Zaino users here!

When I first started using Zaino about 8 years ago, they were still a very small, not well known company. But word of mouth started spreading from winners of car shows on various automobile message boards (such as LS1.com) about how great this stuff was.

I was a huge skeptic before trying it. I had tried so many different waxes in my life that I was sure that Zaino was just another marketing gimmick, this time coming to us via the internet.

I couldn't have been more wrong. I had to eat some serious crow on a couple message boards. But, like the post says above, I became a customer for life!

Andrew W

Supporting Actor
I've used Zaino on my red PT Cruiser for three years now. It works great.

I wouldn't even consider wax since all waxes boil away at about 150F. Just about any color car will get much hotter than that in the TX sun.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
All this talk of Zaino got me motivated to detail my car again.

Did the whole deal- used the clay bar, etc.

DAMN it looks GOOD! :)

Joseph Howard

Stunt Coordinator
I'm a Zaino convert..best stuff ever, and it is not
pricey. I use only about 2oz of Z2 & Z5 to do my entire SUV...
then even much less Z6 spray. Best damn stuff ever.
I tossed out all my previous waxes the day after I used
Zaino for the first time.

As for interior cleaning...303 Aerospace Protectant for
the vinyl/plastic surfaces. Lexol Leather Cleaner & Leather Polish for the seating.

Wheels, normally Meguirs NXT Protectant or if I'm in a
flashy mood...Tire Wet.

I still use Turtle Wax Chrome Polish... it just seems to
give a great sparkle.

Oh, and microfiber and/or 100% USA cotton towels are the
way to go... toss out those chamois and polyester fiber towels.

Just yesterday I had a complete stranger stop me and ask
what I used to "wax" my car (a ten year old 94 dodge
intrepid)...Zaino!!!

Dr. Joe

Wash your car in the SHADE or OUT of the sun. When you dry your car after washing it, the sun is killer for drying and creating water marks. I also wash my car twice when I was it. I start with one half, rinse, finish the second half, and while it's still soaking, do a nother quick re-wash over the whole car. If it's sunny outside move the car into the garage to dry. Otherwise it's a MUST to wash the car in the shade or OUT of the sunlight.

Also having a power-washer is nice :) Do not leave the water in one spot though with the gun. Especially gas powered washers, you will put a hole in the paint. I did this on a rental car when my car was being worked on. :) Hehehe it really does strip the paint.

I also wash my car with HOT water. Wash with hot water, and rinse with cold. NO SPOTS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks