What's new

Best way to Upgrade from Dish 500 to a 6000 (1 Viewer)

DennisHP

Second Unit
I'm jumping into the HDTV arena and have a couple questions, this one involving Dish Network.
I currently have a Dish500 system in the house with a single dish on the roof. My initial "First Time Subscriber" committment is about to expire in a month or so. I see you can get a 6000 system for a lot less if you are not a current subscriber. Is it possible to end my current service and then purchase the 6000 system at the lower price? If not, then what is the least expensive way to upgrade to the 6000 system?
I know I'll have to purchase the OTA module for the 6000 to get my locals in HD (so I don't have to subscribe to them via Dish) and I'll also have to point to the 148 bird as I cannot see the 61.5 one from my location. I guess I'll have to forego the HD-Demo loop but with the comming of the Toshiba 50HX81 I'm stoked!
Thanks in advance for all your help.

CRyan

Screenwriter
There is no cheapest solution. You cannot end service and then strike up a new one to get the better deal. It may be possible to sign up a significant other, but it is risky. I mean if they were to find out you would then be charged the full price for the equipment you bought under a new service agreement.
Anyway, you just have to browse the net to determine what are the best deals on that reciever and dish. You can look at dishdepot.com sateliteone.com etc. to see what they are running. Dishdepot will usually give you a decent deal if you pick up the receiver, HD module, dish, and switches all at once.
C. Ryan
------------------
http://www.elitestoragedesigns.com/RyanOAR.bmp

AndrewG

Grip
Isn't this the worst marketing manuver ever designed. All the promotions are unavailable to current subscribers. Even if you are just a standard monthly subscriber with no commitment you cannot get any breaks on new equipment or upgrades. I would certainly be willing to sign up for another programming commitment if I could get upgrades, etc. I understand why the promotions exist and that there is may be some type of loss on equipment, but Dish makes their money on programming and I would assume
wink.gif
, customer loyalty. With deals unavailable to anyone who has ever had service with them, the customer who desires upgrades, HDTV for example, would be tempted to look at the competition, DirectTV, for new service.
Andy
------------------

DennisHP

Second Unit
Although I don't think it'll do any real good, I sent Dish's CS an email asking about this issue and stating my disappointment that current subscribers are treated like red-headed step children. It seems AT LEAST you should be able to send in your current receiver and pay an amount to upgrade to something else - OR - agree to another programming commitment.

DennisHP

Second Unit
This is what I got back.....
Thank you for your email. We understand your concerns regarding the many promotions which are currently available. Our new customers have contracts they must fulfill or they will be charged back for the equipment. At this time, we are offering the Dish 500, and PVR 501 upgrade promotions
for existing customers. Our existing customers are extremely important to us. With the drive for new customers we are able to expand our customer base which in turn enables us to keep our programming prices down. This benefits all of our customers. Please stay tuned to Charlie Chats on channel 101 and our website for future promotion updates.
Your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to www.dishnetwork.com
or reply to this email and include all previous correspondence so that we may assist you promptly.
If you are a current customer, you may also use our website to view your current or previous billing statements, add services, or make payments to your account. Please use the link below to launch yourself to the most user-friendly Customer Support Center available today.
Can you say "Customer NO Service"?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks