What's new

Best way to prepare 65inch tv for move (1 Viewer)

eric tengren

Stunt Coordinator
Help! I bought a 65 inch tv and it is a monster. I got a real deal on it but it is huge. what is the best way to protect the screen for a long distance move. Mass. to Arizona.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
I have heard that putting a mattress against the screen works. I am thinking that the mattress would go against the inside wall of the truck, and the screen side of the TV against the mattress.

Please be aware, this is only something I heard said. I can't vouch for it. I haven't tried it, nor have I actually spoken to anyone who has done it this way.

Let us know what else you find out.

RickRO

Stunt Coordinator
From the Penske website

Radios, TVs, and Computers
Box upright and make sure items are well padded on all sides. Tape extra layers of bubble wrap to TV and monitor screens. For console-size equipment, surround with furniture pads, and then move and load upright.

From the Washington Movers Conference

Third-party servicing will likely be needed before moving such items as hot tubs, large-screen TV's, and some exercise equipment.

Or go
here and check this out.

Hope this helps.

Rick

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Any decent mover should be able to box this up for you. Local movers had no trouble with my 56" CRT RPTV (well, other than the fact that it weighed a freakin' ton and two of the moves were upstairs in buildings without elevators) through four different moves.

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks