What's new

best way to measure freq. response (1 Viewer)

aaron_neth

Auditioning
I have the radio shack meter already, but i'm just a little lost on how everyone actually plays the frequencies over their system. Should i get a bass c.d. that has different frequencies on it and play it from my dvd player? Or, should i use this TrueRTA i heard someone talking about to get the readings.

Using a bass c.d. would be easier for me since i have no idea on how to go about hooking up my cpu to my HT, but is this way even that accurate? Maybe a completely diff. approach is needed all together. Any help will be appreciated.

By the way, i just purchased the EZTube shiva kit from CSS (no time for complete diy right now.) I just wanted to compare how much of an actual improvement this was over my old sub (MTX SW1515)

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Easiest is to get or burn a cd with individual frequencies (I actually found one at Best Buy, "Reload" by "Bass Mekanik", that has them individually indexed from 20-99 Hz).
Record the response of individual frequencies (found on the sheet linked below) with your RS meter from your listening seat, then input them into the spreadsheet found on this page . It will automatically add the needed corrections for your meter and generate a graph for you.

TrueRTA is much more accurate with higher resolution, but do you really need that? The above method is perfect for getting an idea of your FR and to see where your problems lie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks