1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Best way to keep LPs vertical?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Phil Tomaskovic, Jun 15, 2002.

1. Phil Tomaskovic

Phil Tomaskovic Supporting Actor

Can someone recommend what to use as a type of bookend to hold LPs standing vertically with minimal pressure on the first and last LP? Just set up a Salamander Twin 30 and put my LPs on the bottom shelves. They don't quite fill it completely and they are not standing upright. I figure this can lead to stress on the ones on the ends with more weight leaning against them.

2. Peter Apruzzese

Peter Apruzzese Producer

Peter Apruzzese
    Depending on how much space you have to fill, you can get some 3/4-inch-thick plywoood cut into 12-inch squares, paint or stain it to match, and use that as fillers and as ends. Just remove one square at a time as you add more LPs to the collection to keep everything vertical without too much pressure and you'll be fine. I used to use the plywood trick all the time with my LPs and LaserDiscs and it works well.