What's new

Best way to hook up new sub? (1 Viewer)

JW3571

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jonathan
What's the best way to hook up a new sub? My sub is 10-15ft away from my reciever. On my current setup I'm using A/V. Is there a better way to do this on my new sub?

JW3571

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jonathan
I'll be using a Onkyo SR806. I don't have it yet, but I think that's what I'll be purchasing.

olddog

Agent
Real Name
james
If your just using one go for a clean corner and stand off about 2ft from either wall. Starting from there play with the placement. then use one of the best tools you will have ,Audyssey Dynamic EQ ,to set up the optimized bass management.

JW3571

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jonathan
Thanks for the link. On my current set up i'm using a y-adapter into the receiver and then running a red/white av cord to the sub. Is that same way I should hook up the new sub(boston acoustics) and new receiver(onkyo sr806)?

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
No need for an adapter. There is one Subwoofer out on the 806 and that is all that is needed. Plug the one RCA into the sub (either left or right, it does not matter). I suggest something a little better than the red/white cables. If you don't want to spend on a new cable, at least use one of the yellow video cables.

douglas-b

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Douglas Berry
Go with Blue Jeans Cable....good quality stuff from those guys and a great price even for long cable runs on your sub.

BJC LC-1 Subwoofer Cable (15 foot) $28.50

Belden 1505F Subwoofer Cable (15 foot) $25.00

Stop using red and white audio cable.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hickskeith007
Recent bookmarks