What's new

Best Way to hook up my game cube? (1 Viewer)

HowardPM

Agent
Real Name
Howard
I just purchased a game cube, I purchased this Svideo/Audio connector set for the game cube. Anyways the problem is as I have it now there is no audio cables going from the TV to my receiever, they all go from either the cable box to the reciever or the dvd to the reciever. So now my problem is if I plug my svideo and 2 audio cables into the tv, I won't get any sound since nothing is going out to the reciever from the tv. The only way I kinda got it working was connecting the 2 audio cables from the gamecube directly to the reciever on the VCR in. (but using the VCR IN is not the best way.) Now assuming anything I wrote made sense. My question is how am I suppose to get sound from my game cube to my reciever. So I don't need to change to VCR mode to get sound while playing the cube.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hmm...if i understand you correctly

do you still have any open inputs on your receiver? remember you can use any one you want except phono.

if not, it sounds like the vcr trick is the only option.

HowardPM

Agent
Real Name
Howard
Heres whats on the back of my reciever:

TV - 1 audio in, 1 video in, 1 svideo in, 1 video out, 1 svideo out.

VCR1 - Svideo in, Video in, Video out, Audio In and Audio out.

DVD - Svideo in, Video in, Audio in

CD- Audio In

Tape - bunch of random stuff

Component, TV
Component DVD IN
Component TV Out

And as of right now the Audio out which is probably what I need is going from the reciever directly to the cable box.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
And as of right now the Audio out which is probably what I need is going from the reciever directly to the cable box.
eh? that doesn't sound right. if anything, the cable-box should be going to your audio in.

so, is there anything labeled "audio in" (regardless of what the component is) that is empty? if so, you can use that to connect your gamecube.

like james said - the tape input will work just fine.

HowardPM

Agent
Real Name
Howard
Oops, your right it is the audio cables from the cable box are going into the TV audio in.

Anyways I got it all set up. Thanks for the help.

Jeremy Scott

Second Unit
how do you like your gamecube?
i have a ps2 but i have always been a mario fan and now that gc is only $99, i kinda wanna get one so i can buy luigis mansion and super mario sunshine.

so how do you like it?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.