What's new

Best way to hook up an xbox to my system? (1 Viewer)

JaymeF

Agent
Right now I have a 5.1 system with a 32" wega. I have a DVD player hooked up with S-Video and a digital coax cable for DTS/Dolby sound, my sat receiver is hooked up with S-video and RCA's for sound.

I want my xbox to have 5.1 surround which I can do because I have an unused optical input however i'm not sure how to hook up the video. I have no S-Video inputs free. Can I hook up the xbox video with a regular video RCA if my receiver outputs to my TV through s-video? I thought for some reason they had to be the same, am I wrong? Or do you think I should use RCA for video for my sat/dvd player and use xbox with s-video instead?

Is there some type of s-video splitter I could get that could be changed over with the flick of a switch that would not reduce quality?

BTW.. it's a Kenwood HTB-455 HTIB

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member

No. Most receivers dont convert. With the SVideo out you can only see SVideo sources.

An external switch box may be in your near future.

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
Im not familiar with the Wega. Does it have component inputs? If so you can buy the HD-Pack from Microsoft. Run the 3 hookups to your TV.
Then all you need to buy is an optical cable to run from the HD pack to your receiever.
This is how I did it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks