Best way to 'hide' speaker wire?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BrianB, Mar 4, 2002.

1. BrianB

BrianB Producer

I've just got two surround speakers for the first time, and I'm looking for the 'best' (ie cheapest/convienent!) way to tidy up the wires to the surrounds.

At the moment, both sets of speaker cables are running down the left hand side of our living room by a large sliding glass door. I've considered some sort of plastic tubing from HomeDepot or wherever - run the wire through it, put the tube flush against the bottom of the glass door.

I'm in an rented apartment, so I can't rip up carpets to hide the wires under etc. Any thoughts/suggestions?

2. ColinM

ColinM Cinematographer

Or, you can use that plastic tube stuff like trim around the door, cutting 45 degree angles and all that. Worked good for me, the wife never noticed. (I stained them the same color...) I also had to run it up to the ceiling, to the speakers in the corners, so I put those tubes right up the corner.

Worked great.

3. BrianB

BrianB Producer

I'm not /completely/ sure of what you're talking about, Craig. Got any pictures or links to it online?

4. ColinM

ColinM Cinematographer

You know, the 'split' tubes about 3/8" wide, with the sticky-back strip.

If you cut it at 45 degree angles you can use it like wood trim around doors and such. No pics, sorry.

Home Depot's where I got mine.

5. RobertCharlotte

RobertCharlotte Supporting Actor

Brian, if you ask for "wiremold," you'll get pointed in the right direction.