What's new

Best way to ensure HD projector longevity? (1 Viewer)

tehsam

Auditioning
Real Name
Sam D
I know nothing can "ensure" it, but certainly there are things I can do to give my Epson the best odds. My projector is in a (usually) cool, unfinished basement. I erected a shelf for it and I have maybe 6 to 8 inches between the top of the unit and the joists. There is decent space for airflow behind the unit between the unfinished walls 2x4s. We have a pellet stove in the basement that is probably 15 or so horizontal feet away (and obviously on the ground). I know when it runs the hot air will naturally pool near the ceiling, possibly heating the unit beyond its considerable natural heat when operating. We just had a lamp assembly pop and found out from Epson that there was a manufacturing flaw in the old design that has since been corrected and they sent me a warranty replacement. Would installing some sort of fan blowing at/across the unit be a good idea or not? Any/all suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
I wouldn't do it. It will probably blow more dust into the projector. The internal fan is designed to keep the projector cool enough. Be careful not to let the room get too warm from the heater.

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
also, depending on where any additional fans were, you might get some more vibration on the projector itself. At work, we had a situation where we needed to fan a projector. The added vibrations really hurt the lamp-life, which is actually kind of odd.

At least, about the only thing I can place would be the added vibrations..

Leo

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks