1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Best way to connect???

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Dave St Louis, Aug 20, 2003.

1. Dave St Louis

My H/K AVR 525 showed up today, so now trying to figure out best way to hook it up.

Audio: from SAT, DVD, CD, they all have dig. optical out,dig. coax out, should I use them, or stay with the analog? I guess If I want Dolby, I HAVE to use the dig. output,at least on the DVD and SAT, right? Will it matter on the CD? I have decent analog(?) cables now.

Video: Whats the best output(to the 525)to use? I have S-vid or regular RCA type connectors, and even component out on the SAT rec. I'm using a good Monster S vid cable between the 525 and the TV, and using the 525 to switch.

Can I use a decent analog RCA style cable I have here for vid out from a VCR I still use a little?

And lastly, whats the best way to hook up to the sub using the preout from the 525. RCA style cable again?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm a noobe to all this.

H/K 525, NHT SB3s, NHT SC2, NHT SW10, Panasonic GAOO

2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Hi Dave,

A belated welcome to the Forum!

3. Dave St Louis

Thanks! The sub cable has to be a 75ohm cable??

4. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

Not necessarily but often it is. It's the shielding that you're after and that's generally a coax.