Best way to connect PC to Receiver (wirelessly) for MP3's?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RajeeK, Jun 27, 2002.

1. RajeeK

RajeeK Second Unit

Well we are in the middle of a move right now and our PC is just too far away from the reciever to run audio cables in our new place. I have heard of a wireless connection for audio from the PC to Receiver, but don't know where to start looking for products or what is available. Any suggestions out there so I can continue to enjoy MP3's on my primary stereo? Thanks.

2. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

Go to www.turtlebeach.com and check out the AudioTron mp3 player. Get a Linksys WET11 to work with it, and you'll be all set. Total cost, about $400.

3. RajeeK

RajeeK Second Unit

Don,

Thanks for the suggestion, but a bit more than I want to spend. Any other cheaper suggestions out there?

4. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

I'm not sure then if it's still available, but look for the Diamond Rio Receiver. It's about $150, and not as good as the AudioTron, so look for some reviews. You'll still need the $100 Linksys WET11, as it's a wireless to wired ethernet bridge.

5. Mike LS

Mike LS Supporting Actor

The cheapest solution for this you'll find (as far as I know) is the Jensen Matrix. It's a simple transmitter/reciever that plugs into the output from your soundcard and into the inputs on your A/V reciever. Very simple and not too expensive.
    You'll want to find some reviews of it....the few I've been able to find say that it doesn't give you the best sound. I belive it works on 900mhz technology, so....draw your own conclusions. It's supposed to have a 150' range.
    You can get some basic info at....
    https://www.recotondirect.com/LoginD...age.asp?id=484
    But I'd do a search at www.shopping.yahoo.com or other shopping sites to find the best price. Seems like I've seen it for about $50 or $60.