1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Best way to connect PC to Receiver (wirelessly) for MP3's?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RajeeK, Jun 27, 2002.

1. RajeeK

RajeeK Second Unit

Well we are in the middle of a move right now and our PC is just too far away from the reciever to run audio cables in our new place. I have heard of a wireless connection for audio from the PC to Receiver, but don't know where to start looking for products or what is available. Any suggestions out there so I can continue to enjoy MP3's on my primary stereo? Thanks.

2. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

Go to www.turtlebeach.com and check out the AudioTron mp3 player. Get a Linksys WET11 to work with it, and you'll be all set. Total cost, about $400.

3. RajeeK

RajeeK Second Unit

Don,

Thanks for the suggestion, but a bit more than I want to spend. Any other cheaper suggestions out there?

4. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

I'm not sure then if it's still available, but look for the Diamond Rio Receiver. It's about $150, and not as good as the AudioTron, so look for some reviews. You'll still need the $100 Linksys WET11, as it's a wireless to wired ethernet bridge.

5. Mike LS

Mike LS Supporting Actor

The cheapest solution for this you'll find (as far as I know) is the Jensen Matrix. It's a simple transmitter/reciever that plugs into the output from your soundcard and into the inputs on your A/V reciever. Very simple and not too expensive.
    You'll want to find some reviews of it....the few I've been able to find say that it doesn't give you the best sound. I belive it works on 900mhz technology, so....draw your own conclusions. It's supposed to have a 150' range.
    You can get some basic info at....
    https://www.recotondirect.com/LoginD...age.asp?id=484
    But I'd do a search at www.shopping.yahoo.com or other shopping sites to find the best price. Seems like I've seen it for about $50 or $60.