1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Best way to burn CDs with text for use in a megachanger?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bruce N, Jul 18, 2001.

1. Bruce N

Bruce N Second Unit

My new Sony 555ES 400 disc CD changer is on the way and I'm looking forward to loading almost all of my collection into it. Here's my question.
    I want to burn copies of my CDs with CD Text so I don't have to enter all that info manually. Any suggestions for the best software that will pull the text from CDDB and burn the whole disc in one step?
    Do I need to worry about the gap between tracks? Will there be a skip or a gap when the cd plays all the way through?
    I've burnt some data CDs but I've never messed with audio so this is kinda new for me. Any help would be appreciated.
    Bruce
    (not sure if this should go in the music section, it's kinda hardware oriented.)
    ------------------
    "Why do I sense we've picked up another pathetic lifeform?"

2. Jeff_Rostis

Jeff_Rostis Extra

After the power went out one night and I lost all the stored titles in my 300+1 I did the same thing and reburned my entire collection for the changer.
    Easy CD Creator is a good program for this, you'll have to dig around a little in what ever version you decide to use (1-4 from Adaptec, 5 from Roxio) but it can grab the CDDB titles from an audio cd you put in, and then copying that disc (making sure to check box the 'CD-TEXT' field) will give you the disc you're looking for.
    Hope that helps.
    ------------------
    AFI Top 100 Challenge
    63 62 61 60 to go!

3. Han

Han Second Unit

I haven't used a player that has CD-Text as a feature, but I usually check the cd-text box in EZCD 4 anyway. That is unless I want to make an absolutely 100% compatible with every old CD player CD-R, then I don't check that box.
    Anyway, with EZCD's burning, does the player showing the cd-text show the file name with the extension for each song, or does it just show the Artist and Album fields?
    [Edited last by Han on July 18, 2001 at 09:50 AM]

4. Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick Cinematographer

Nero works well.

5. Kevin P

Kevin P Screenwriter

Artist, Title, and Track Names are included in the CD Text.
    If you're burning from MP3 or WAV files, the default track names are the file names, minus the suffixes. If copying from another CD, it'll get the names from CDDB, or use "Track 1", "Track 2", etc. but you can rename any of this before burning the CD.
    Also, you have to select Disc-At-Once to get CD-Text, and this also eliminates the 2 second gap between tracks.
    KJP

6. Bruce N

Bruce N Second Unit

No MP3s or WAVs. All I want to do is make copies of music CDs and add the CD text to them at the same time.
    I have EZ CD Creator 3.5c but I can't find where to check the "CD TEXT" box.
    I'll go look for Nero now.
    Thanks for the suggestions, keep 'em coming.
    Bruce
    ------------------
    "Why do I sense we've picked up another pathetic lifeform?"