What's new

Best way for my DTV install? (1 Viewer)

clay_w

Agent
I need advice for the best way to install DTV...I currently have DTV w/ a 2 lnb dish that feeds to a multiswitch into my house. From the multiswitch I have 2 lines to Tivo #1, 2 lines to Tivo #2 and 1 line to a regular receiver.

I am moving soon to a tri-level home (no basement and attic does not seem accesable).

I will be using DTV's moving program to have everything installed in the new house but the question is would it be best to just get another 2 lnb dish and do the setup like I have now? (my multiswitch is not an outdoor switch though so I don't know how this would be installed)

The configuration in the new house will be 1 Tivo in lower level, 1 Tivo in upper level bedroom #1, 1 regular receiver in bedroom #2, and another regular receiver in bedroom #3 (6 lines).

If I order the 3 lnb w/ the multiswitch built in, won't I still need my current multiswitch because I will need soo many lines ran?

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
The installer should provide everything as long as he is aware of all the recievers

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks