What's new

Best voice recognition technology? (1 Viewer)

Colin Davidson

Second Unit
Hi Julia,

I have been using Dragon Naturally Speaking - Version 8.1 for about 7 months now and have been pretty satisfied with it. As with any VR software it is all in the training and that will take some time but well worth it once it is done. If you plan on using it frequently I highly recommend buying a high quality USB headset to go along with the program. I bought a Plantronics DSP set which was somewhat pricey but well worth it for the quality of sound and comfort.

Regards,

Colin

Julia

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for that review. I am looking into a headset, probably will make the same choice you did. The new version (9.0) comes with a headset, I guess, but it doesn't look the greatest. It also claims, on the box, to need no training at all to work. I ordered a copy so I'll report back if that turns out to be true.

Julia

Stunt Coordinator
Just a quick note - I did get a copy, it didn't need training to work. I did put 30 minutes into it anyway (you have the option), just to have it able to recognize me without me enunciating perfectly. Pretty impressive, I'd say.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks