What's new

Best version of: 1492 - Conquest of Paradise? (1 Viewer)

John DrakeLaw

Stunt Coordinator
Wondering whether there's a version yet that has both an English 5.1 soundtrack and is anamorphic.
At www.davisdvd.com he mentions the new German version which is anamorphic and 2.1 (German 5.1) with fixed subs. Also the Korean version which has an English 5.1 soundtrack, but I think not anamorphic. Couldn't see this listed at dddhouse or coolashop so not totally sure it's not 16x9.
So is the German version the best to date?

Didier

Agent
The French R2 version is anamorphic, but for unknown reasons both French and English soundtracks are in 2.0 (Dolby Surround) only...

Roland Wandinger

Stunt Coordinator
The German version is anamorphic and has english DD 2.0 and 5.1. The picture quality is very similar to the french release while a bit more grainy.

John DrakeLaw

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Didier and Roland.

Roland, Amazon.de gives the English soundtrack as only 2.0. Could you confirm it's definitely 5.1 as well. Thanks, would be great if it is.

Roger Mathus

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Mathus
Just purchased a copy of the Japanese R2 NTSC release. It is anamorphic with DD2.0 Dolby Surround in English or Japanese. There are also removable Japanese sub-titles. Running time is listed at 156 minutes and disc is dual layer. This is per the package specs. It is released by Shochiku Home Video as part number DZ-0031. I have been pleased with their quality on recent releases. Will check out the disc tonight and post preliminary evaluation and verification of specs and special features.

Fantastic news Roland,

I've been waiting for this release for ages, the cinematography together with the Vangelis soundtrack is incredible, one of my favourites.

John DrakeLaw

Stunt Coordinator
Watched it last night. The sound field is absolutely stunning, surrounds constantly active. Vangellis at his best, really enhances the mood.

John DrakeLaw

Stunt Coordinator
Steve, I used Amazon.de just because it was easy. Would have brought the postage down if I'd ordered more. I'm now giving http://dvd-station.de/ a try with Flash Gordon - works out a little cheaper. I've used Amazon.de before and they were no problem when I needed a replacement on a bad pressing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks