What's new

Best universal remote for $200 (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
another vote for the mx-500.

one thing to consider is if you're really going to like having a touch-screen remote. usually, this forces you to look at the remote before touching a button.

i can't stand that...

i enjoy having the 'hard buttons' that you can feel and press without having to look down first.

to each his own, but that is one of the major things to consider.

Brian Schucher

Supporting Actor
I had the Pronto b4 the MX. The pronto really is kewl but i just didnt like the touchscreen.. The hard buttons on the MX were great for me. I also have the Marantz RC2000 and prefer the MX to that as well

brian a

Second Unit
Do any of you guys have the new MX-500? If so, which one is better? It looks like at this time you can get both.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
my understanding is that the latest model mx-500 (gemstone?) had a problem with the thumbpad. i'm not sure what the problem was though - i think it was too sensitive.
but, it looks like the company is willing to replace the thumbpad with something different.
check out this thread at remotecentral's forum:
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin...hread.cgi?1590
ted

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
brian -
that's the impression that i get, but i am not positive. i'd recommend you either post in that forum, or i'm sure you could probably email randy from www.rrdeals.com. he's really knowledgeable about that remote and i suspect he'll know for sure as he sells them.
hope that helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks