Best two player PC football game?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Danny R, Nov 19, 2001.

1. Danny R

Danny R Supporting Actor

During the holidays, my family often has various computer game duels. Most often Doom and other 1st person shooters are at the forefront, but this year I'd like to play some football.

While reviews are great in telling how good a game might be, I find they really suffer in comparing that game to other versions in the same genre.

So can anyone recommend to me what the best two person football game currently available on the PC platform is? The one I see most often in stores is Madden 2002, but I've seen blah reviews of it, which makes me wonder if there are better football games available from previous years.

We've played NFL Blitz, but I think we want something that is not so slap happy and is closer to the official rules.

The minimum powered computer is a P2-400 with 128 MB ram, so hopefully I should be able to run most everything.

2. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

Get the Intellivision Emulator and get the FOOTBALL ROM.
    [​IMG]
    Just kidding...
    WIth a P2-400, you might be able to play one of the Madden games at a lower level of detail. Try the 2000 NFL Fever from Microsoft. It's really kinda nice.

3. Danny R

Danny R Supporting Actor

ROTFL! I'd totally forgotten about the old intellivision game. We used to play that for hours. [​IMG]