What's new

Best TV. (1 Viewer)

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
Ok guys, looking for opinions on great TV's ranging from $2500-$3000, not more than $3000. I love Mitsubishi and have been thinking about going that route. Also, Sony, Pioneer, etc. and other good brands out there. Would like opinions on a very good TV. Also, looking at LCD's or Plasma's. This is going to be a decently lit room with windows on the side. Also, the TV will need to be able to cover a viewing angle of around 125 degree's as couches will be spread far to the side.

Also TV must be HD.

Babek

Stunt Coordinator
Hm, I really like the Samsung DLP's and they have a wide viewing angle. I think the 43" or 46" might fit your budget, check it out on the samsung website.

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
Sounds good, how good would you say the viewing angle on a normal RPTV would be? I own a 50" Mitsubishi right now and I would say mine is around 140 degree's, although I don't think many people would sit that far at a curve.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

With a conventional CRT RPTV ... viewers off axis will not see the same image ... the colour shifts on them. Guys on the right see a bluer image and those on the left see a redder image.

This does not happen on digital displays ... LCD or DLP ... but DLP gives you rainbows and LCD gives you vertical motion artifacts.

Regards

Babek

Stunt Coordinator
The viewing angle on the samsung DLP's is about 160 degrees.

Just visit there website, SAMSUNG DLP , and look at the full line brochure for all the details.

And another thing, if you match this tv with it's matching samsung HD DVI output dvd player, everything is fantantic. Go to a local store for an audition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks