Best TV for under $1000 canadian dollers.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tyler, Jun 11, 2001.

1. Tyler

Tyler Stunt Coordinator

I live in canada.
    I'm looking for a good tv at least 25" or bigger and i want it to have a dark picture tube and have a s-video input.
    I want it to have verry good picture like a PC screen.
    Any input would help thanks

2. DavidY

DavidY Supporting Actor

In your price range, you can get a 32 inch non-Wega TV. JVC AV-32Dx02 series and the Toshiba 32Axx series. Exact model depends on your must have features. I have the JVC 32D201, last year's model to the 32D202. You can "squeeze" the picture for anamorphic DVD's via service menu adjustments. IMO, the JVC D-series have a flatter tube than the Toshiba's....that was last year's models...not sure about this years. The Toshiba's are usually quite a bit cheaper. Last year, the Toshiba 32A40 was listed at CDN$900 MSRP (this year's price is higher I think..an additional $100??). The JVC 32D201 was around CDN$1050.
    Dave

3. Stephen Dodds

Stephen Dodds Second Unit

Try this link:
    http://www.pricescan.com/items/item111722.asp
    The Princeton Graphics AV2.7 is a 27 inch monitor (ie no tuner). It takes S-Video, composite and VGA inputs so you can use it as a PC monitor or for progressive DVD.
    Great picture.
    I bought mine used on eBay for $400 but new it might just scrape under your budget.
    Steve
    ------------------
    Steve's Toys

4. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

Toshiba has the following brand-new models in your price range:
    32A41 - 32" no PIP - $899.
    27AF41 - FST Pure flat-screen, no PIP - $999.
    27AF61 - FST Pure flat-screen, 2-tuner PIP - $1099.
    The 32A41 is in tight supply, but you should be able to find one with a bit of hunting. The flat screen sets are due to arrive the last week of June. The shipment is 'oversold', so if you're interested, act fast when you see them.
    You might also want to hunt around for someone clearing out a 27" Panasonic GAOO. These are great sets, but don't pay more than about $799.
    ------------------
    John Golitsis
    Next Big Thing Electronics