Best TV for my budget.

Discussion in 'Displays' started by JohnHa, Nov 19, 2003.

1. JohnHa

JohnHa Agent

I'm looking for a 50" or less 16:9 HDTV between $1000-2000. I value quality of picture more so than size because it will go in my apartment and my seating distance will be about 6' to 8' feet away. I will be watching alot of dvds and digital cable as well as playing video games. I also work at best buy, so if your recommendations happen to be something they carry, I'll get a discount, or if you could give me a link to a site that has the TV on sale. Maybe a factory refurb w/ manufacturer's warranty, etc. Thanks.

2. John S

John S Producer

One thing about Best Buy, is it is nearly impossble to get any sort of good test on video from the displays, under those lights and reflections. (When looking at TV's, all TV's looked their worst at Best Buy) They often have them stakced high which is the most rediculous thing for a TV display I have ever seen.

But, even so, I would go look and get the one you think absolutely has the best picture that meets or exceeds your purchase criteria.

(I know this is a cop out post of sorts) But as in audio where I always believe an individual's ears should carry the most weight, in video one's eyes should be the largest factor involved.

3. John S

John S Producer

PS: I bought mine from these guys.....

They are the Philips Factory Re-Furbished product outlet.

www.electronicsalley.com

Good luck!!!!