Best Tv for $1000 budget?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Barrett F, May 26, 2001.

1. Barrett F

Barrett F Auditioning

I am looking to replace a 27" set that died on me. I have just over a thousand dollars for a new set. I am aiming for a 36" and was looking for recommendations. I have looked at the Jvc, Toshiba, and Panasonic. No real models jumping out at me and was just looking for some feedback.

2. Luis Cruz

Luis Cruz Stunt Coordinator

Well, you got a good price range there. JVC, Toshiba, and Panasonic are all solid brands. But, for a tube TV I'd suggest checking out the JVC. I have a JVC 27", which I do want to upgrade to an HDTV one day soon (I hope), but it has a fantastic image quality. When you tweak it right, it's just stunning sometimes with DVD. So I suggest looking at some JVC 36" televisions. Also, since you are in Tampa, I'd take a vacation toward South Florida one day and check out this electronics store called Brandsmart USA, they usually have great deals. But, that's a bit far fetched, since it's a 4 hour drive. Well, good luck and take care.

3. Barrett F

Barrett F Auditioning

I did look at the Jvc-D series model 36d502, 501, and 302. I did like what I saw, but was just trying to check some other opinions before I drop the money.

4. Rodrigo_T

Rodrigo_T Auditioning

5. Barrett F

Barrett F Auditioning

The only problem I see with the 40H80 is that it isn't directview. The tv will be in a family room next to glass sliding doors that are slightly tinted, but I would guess not enough to help, and I usually have people that sit on the side.

6. Luis Cruz

Luis Cruz Stunt Coordinator

I just thought about something, before you drop the cash for a new TV, you might want to head over to www.audioreview.com and check the reviews on some of the model televisions you want...you may also check out www.epinions.com . I thought this might help you. Take care and Good Luck.

7. WilliamZ

WilliamZ Agent

I have the JVC32d502
    Great TV
    Paid $550 + 100 Shipping
    For a little more, you could get the 36 inch

8. Mike Trotter

Mike Trotter Auditioning

I just got the JVC 36D302 (one of the new silver models) this weekend and let me say that I am thouroughly impressed with everything about this tv. IMHO I think it looks better than the Wegas that cost many hundreds more. Bought it through GoodGuys.com for $899 with no tax and free shipping.
    ------------------
    My DVD Collection