What's new

Best TV DVD Ever (1 Viewer)

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Probably Freaks and Geeks - I only have the standard edition, but even that is excellent.

Twin Peaks is also very good - some excellent special features (shame about te absence of a Lynch commentary, but unsurprising), and the picture and sound are incredible.

But I also have to give credit to the Doctor Who discs. Given the limitations of the show (the episodes are usually in very bad state, for a start), the restoration work is nothing less than spectacular, and they really do work to provide the best special features possible given the constraints. And all this for, as Duncan said, a niche market. I make a point of always buying these discs in the first week of release, just to show my support of the range.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I don't know if I'd call it the best set ever, but "The Dead Zone: Season 2" is very good. 21 commentary tracks for 19 episodes, some decent special features, and a low price tag make this worth owning.

BTW - if an American were to pick this up from Amazon.ca they would only pay $30 US, or just under $1/hour if you watched all the episodes, commentary tracks and bonus features.

Gord

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Dick Van Dyke. Excellent and first class all the way. This set should be the model that other shows follow.

Steve

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
not my favorite show as far as content (not even in the top 5 favorite tv sets for me), but i have to agree that for excellance in presentation, nothing has beaten the Dick Van Dyke sets.

packaging design (graphics and copy), style (easy to access thin packs), a/v quality, extras, etc

runner ups (and very close behind) would be Freaks & Geeks and MTM Season one.

i agree 100%!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks