What's new

Best Towers in $1300 range (1 Viewer)

Chris Tabor

Stunt Coordinator
I have an hsu vtf2 sub already. Would the studio series be able to keep up with the klipsch for equal amounts of money spent? The rf7's can be had for about $1450. I think I gonna go to a paradigm dealer today to here them myself.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
If by keep up you mean sound quality sure (some people would say the Klipsch can't keep up). If you mean output, not a chance. You are comparing a speaker with an over 100dB/W/m sensitivity to speakers with sensitivity around 90dB/W/m. This means the Paradigm Studio series speaker would require 8-16 times the power input to reach the same output level. Meaning the Paradigm Studio series speaker will run out of power handling at a much lower output level than an RF7 tower.

Sebastien David

Second Unit
listen to Klipsch compared to another brand in an A/B comparison. you might discover that you like the other brand before, happened to me!

also, try to listen to the Klipsch for extended periods of time at a relatively high level, you might find out that, due to their brightness, they induce a lot of listener fatigue.

-Seb

Frank joe

Stunt Coordinator
i know everyone has an opinon but let's be real . phase tech makes the new 9'5 tower and it's awsome . price around 1,800 . my buddy owns a pair and before buying we listend to b & w as well as kef and many top brands in the 2-3 k mark. but to say a book shelf can compare with them is nuts. but this is only my opinion.

DonJ

Second Unit
6ave.com has the NHT VT 1.4 for only 499.97 a pair!!!!!that less than half retail and for the whole HT setup is 1299.99 thats a no brainer.

mark mann

Auditioning
Vienna acoustics Haydns are really nice bookshelfs with good bass and really smooth..850 bucks a pair

Arron H

Second Unit
Chris,

Please post a review for the VMPS IIs. I would be very interested in your impressions of them as they appear to be an excellent speaker at any price.

Chris Tabor

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think i'll be too good at a review but I'll definately let you know how I like them and answer any questions you want to know. It'll be about 3 weeks before I have them, they have to build them first then ship them out.

Chris Tabor

Stunt Coordinator
i like bass and alot of punch. I figured with 12" woofers I would get this more from the tower II's than the ribbon monitors. I want bass that I can feel through me, not just sub bass. I like the punch from a big woofer more so then the low boom and rumble from a subwoofer. Also a little less money.

Matt Jesty

Second Unit
You gotta warm ,powerful rcvr and a good-sized room, and you want impact, then try the rf5's.......go with your instincts...........

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks