What's new

Best touch-screen remote in the $150 range? (1 Viewer)

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
Is this the same model Pronto as I've seen @ Best Buy? I was going to ask the same question as the original poster, because none of my remotes (and I have FOUR) can do all that I need them to do. And my wife is getting pretty tired of handling them all even with our HT being 3 weeks old.

I have:
Onkyo TX-SR600 receiver
Panasonic RP-56 DVD Player
Toshiba 50H81 Television

.. and I need a remote that can be programmed to handle it all!

Thanks!

Jim Lenneman

Stunt Coordinator
William,

The Pronto TSU 2000 is much more versatile than the Neo and you can probably get one for about the same price (maybe less). Having said that the NEO does have a cursor pad which is nice. The 2000 is usually a lot more work to set up and look pretty. For me, I'd get the 2000 - if the hard button cursor is a must, I'd go with something like the Home Theater Master MX-500 (or maybe MX-1000).

Jim L

PaulKH

Second Unit
I have a Marantz RC5000 (very similar to Pronto) I'm no longer using. Comes with recharger base - worked great but now I've upgraded receiver to same brand as TV, their remotes work fine for me.
If anyone's interested, send e-mail to [email protected].
I'm in GA but could ship it.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
The Neo can't use the extensive database of codes that are available on remotecentral nor can it run any of the software that was written for the pronto like Supernudelist etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks