best top of the line dvd player Pioneer DV-47Ai?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Marty Carry, Mar 18, 2003.

1. Marty Carry

Marty Carry Extra

I am looking at the Pioneer Elite Dv-47ai. Anyone have any feedback on that unit or have a recommendation to go in a different direction? Thanks, Marty.

2. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Man, you'll get a lot of feedback the way you titled the thread. [​IMG]

I have a 47ai, and even I wouldn't say that it's top of the line. [​IMG] (Has great DACs though. Burr Browns.)

I would say, however, that for the money, it has a good balance between video and audio performance, especially considering that it is a universal player. See how I phrased that? [​IMG]

Hopefully KeithH will post, because I still think he has the best idea: if you truly want the best, you get 1 player for CD/SACD (Sony ES, the new Philips one), and 1 for DVD-V/DVD-A (Panasonic RP-). Some of the Denon players fall in there too.

[Added] I corrected the above a little. The Philips is an SACD player!

3. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

Yes but then Kevin you need to get somethign for BM as none of the panasonic players offer that on dvd-a as of yet. personally i love my yamaha s2300.

hmmm third time today i ahve posted this ling but ehre ti is again my short review of the yamaha. I have also heard good things aboutt he marantz... but it was too pricy for me.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=126738