What's new

Best tool album? (1 Viewer)

MatS

Screenwriter
that's fine and all, but "Undertow" is the answer to your question in the subject.

Ryan Wenzel

Auditioning
Undertow is NOT the best tool album out there. It doesn't have as much genious or intelligance as AEniman or Lateralus. People think Undertow is the best because it's their "hardest" album out there. Who cares how hard rock it is it's about the music not about who can play the loudest and make you mosh to every damn song.

MatS

Screenwriter
you are correct Ryan, I stand corrected. I will like whatever record you tell me to like the best. Forgive me for responding to your post (ending in a question mark)with the wrong answer.
ps. what are 'genious' or 'intelligance'
rolleyes.gif

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Jeesh Ryan, you asked for opinions....
Lateralus is an excellent album but not the best. Aenima is an exploration of musical structures and emotions. Lateralus is as well, even moreso. However, Aenima is tighter and more effective, IMO.
BTW, I still hold Undertow as my personal favorite. My introduction to Tool. I couldn't disagree more with your assessment that Undertow is relegated to the status of:
"People think Undertow is the best because it's their "hardest" album out there.".
Please. Undertow was very well written and performed. It's GOOD music. Just because the more recent albums are better, RELATIVE to Undertow, doesn't mean that Undertow is an excercise in loud noise.
------------------
You want to upgrade again?!!
[Edited last by Jim_C on November 15, 2001 at 11:11 PM]

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Oh Vince, I remember your comments from that thread. I knew you'd show up here :)
------------------
You want to upgrade again?!!

John_Bonner

Supporting Actor
Oh no! Prog rock! Run away! Hide your children and protect your loved ones from the horrible evil of Prog Rock!
Mike, there's nothing to fear. I'm sure we all agree on which bands are and which bands aren't prog rock. It's crystal clear. Right? :)
I'm sure Brian Perry, Jim_C, and Philip Hamm would agree.
wink.gif

------------------
JB
My baloney has a first name it's H-O-M-E-R my baloney has a second name it's H-O-M-E-R

StevenW

Second Unit
All of the Tool albums are amazing. Each one has a different tone and feel to it. That is one of the things that I love about them. They dont stay in the same place and get dry and stale like so many other bands do. That is why they are one of the very few bands left from the early 90's still going stronger than ever.
What is their best album? That is really an answer I cannot answer because each album is so different from the previous one, its almost impossible for me to pick my favorite.
I remember saying to myself during the "Aenima" years "how in the blue hell are they going to top this album" Well I should have never doubted Maynard, Danny, Justin or Adam because they have put out a true masterpiece with Lateralus. (yes Vince I love this CD, hard to believe huh)
All hail Maynard, the long winded King! :)

Ryan Wenzel

Auditioning
Me being the major tool fan I do love undertow I never said I didn't. But c'mon you gotta admit that AEnima and Lateralus are genious albums that put more time and effort for thinking than Undertow. I'm sorry if I was sounding like an ass over the whole opinion thing that's just the way i talk. I saw tool live a month ago and it was the greatest concert ever. They played alot of songs off Lateralus but the only older song they played is opiate. Anyways Undertow is a great album, i'm a musician myself and I think that's why I like Lateralus the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks