What's new

Best Titles for Showcasing Surround and HD DVD? (1 Viewer)

lptudor

Grip
Real Name
'J.R.' Riddell
Can someone point me to a thread that contains movie titles that are great for showcasing surround sound and HD DVDs?

I searched around and didn't find it. But I imagine it's here and that I just missed it. Thanks

Dave>h

Second Unit
I am not sure if there is a specific thread, this could be it!

I recommend HOt Fuzz! Best HD sound track I have heard. Constantine was good too.

Manus

Second Unit
Batman Begins , 300 , Running Scared ( Germany ) , T2 ( France) , Blood Diamond , Bourne Supremacy , Contantine definitely , Mission Impossible 3 and Shaun of the Dead for good squelchy zombie fun :O)

Dont forget some discs have a 'Bookmarks' facility to keep track of your favourite sections too .

~M~

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I seem to think good surround is something completely different from almost everyone else. There are tons of action flicks with impressive surround, as in, loud, dynamic and so on. For me, there are two which really stand out. First, the first 20 minutes or so of Master and Commander, and second, several moments in The Others, but you have to watch the entire movie to find tham, and you have to actually be watching the movie for them to really work. These are what I call especially effective use of surround.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
John,

You are not alone. These two films along with Das Boot have excellent ambient surround effects--creaking timbers, footsteps wandering overhead, water dripping all around.

Dave>h

Second Unit
Maybe we could keep the discussion focused on HD DVD's that have good surround sound... I agree that M&C and The Others are both good but neither is available on HD DVD and I think that was the point of this thread.

Dave

SherardP

Stunt Coordinator
Harry Potter, Band of Bros, Underworld, are excellent ones. You can find these at xploitedcinema.com with the exception of band of bros on amazonjp.com

Manus

Second Unit
Band of Brothers is now available on xploited . You can buy them individually or as a set . They also have the latest german and polish releases eg. Mr & Mrs Smith , Silent Hill , Tomb Raider 2 etc .

Brotherhood of the Wolf is good too !

~M~

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks