What's new

Best time to buy lawn equipment? (1 Viewer)

Greg_L_C

Stunt Coordinator
The Toro "Personal Pace" mowers are very nice. The faster you walk the faster they go, up to 4.5 mph on the 6.5hp model. For the ultimate in residental mowing check out Friendly Robotics. I saw a one in action at a salesmans house and it works great.

Greg

Brett_H

Second Unit
All,

Just wanted to give an update on this thread in case anyone was on the edge of their seats...

On Sunday I picked up a Honda Harmony "HRB216TDA":

Home Depot still didn't have their mowers marked down (and several different stores told me they don't mark them own at all). I can't say for sure what the case was with this particular model, but it had an MSRP of $639, HD originally sold it for $599, and this one was marked down to $399 (brand new, not returned). So I ended up spending more than I had originally planned on, of course.

Thanks to the rainy weather, I didn't have a chance to try it out until last night. Wow! Someone else described these mowers as "not so much mulching but shredding the grass", an that's completely true. Quiet, lightweight, and more powerful feeling at 5.5 HP than my borrowed 6.0 HP Craftsman. I was a bit worried about getting a mower with a plastic deck, but it's got a 5 year warranty and it seems to be very sturdy. I decided against the one with the swivel front wheels (Harmony II, HRZ216TDA) that I had originally liked because it just seemed too awkward and hard to get into tight places.

Thanks to all that helped in my search!

-Brett.

Greg_L_C

Stunt Coordinator
Sounds like you got a good deal on a good mower Brett. Should last you a long time.

Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks