best television under $375

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Chris_harpua, Apr 10, 2004.

1. Chris_harpua

Chris_harpua Agent

i have a budget of $375 and would like to know everyone's opinion on what to buy. all makes/models are on the table at this time. i want something with a good picture and component inputs and those are my only requirements, that and it must be larger than 25". thanks.

2. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

I would take a look at the Flat Tube 27 Inch Sony FS100, JVC AV-27F704, JVC AV-27FA44 & the Toshiba 27AF44 or 27AF43 I've seen the Sony advertised for $299.00, the JVC's for $277.00 I've never seen the Toshiba's advertised for under $300.00 but I'll bet it can be had for under $300.00 if you fight over the price. Do a search on this board & you should get plenty of info on ALL these models. Also the Toshiba 44 is a new model last years model was the 43 & as far as I can tell the new 44 is exactly the same as the 43 so if you can find a 43 you might be able to get a better price on it & the Sony & JVC models will be discontinued shortly. I would'nt pay anymore than $300.00 for any of these models & as far as which one is best it's a matter of looks & which features you want. The JVC's do have a One Year Labor Warranty the Sony & Toshiba's Labor Warranty is only 90 Days.

3. Chris_harpua

Chris_harpua Agent

where is the best place to find these televisions? as far as I know, places like Circuit city and Best Buy won't let anyone barter over the price of their televisions.

4. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

Chris, i don't know where you live but a small chain in CT, MA & RI named Bernie's is where I saw the Sony & JVC advertised at the above prices. I've also seen the Sony & JVC advertised at BrandsMart in FL for under $300 I would do a search on the net for the best price you can find & print it out & see if Sears will match the price because they usually will. Also check Sam's Club because I think they had the JVC at a good price & friends of mine have gotten Sears to match Sam's Club's prices. Good Luck!