Best SVS Sub when combined with M&K MX-350???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Cerfolio, Jan 6, 2002.

1. David Cerfolio

David Cerfolio Auditioning

I have a M&K MX-350 sub (and plan to keep it) with the S-150THX system. Thinking about adding a SVS Sub. Not sure whether to pick the 16-46, 16-46+, or the CS_Ultra. I'm happy with the MX-350 but am looking for additional very low frequency content. Room size is 4500 cubic ft. Cost is not really an issue, but I'm not really excited about another amp to put somewhere. Any thoughts???

2. BobAlbano

BobAlbano Second Unit

If I were you and I would go with the 16-46+ in addition to the M&K. From what I have read you will get about the same output from one cs+ that you would from 2 regular cs's, if there is a regular SVS.[​IMG] Tom and Ron are usually on this forum and they are great at giving direction as to which sub will work best for your needs. You can't go wrong with any SVS products you choose. Are you planning on using the SVS in the same corner as you M&K? I have to admit, I'm jealous of you M&K 150's, those are my dream speakers![​IMG]

3. David Cerfolio

David Cerfolio Auditioning

I'll be putting the SVS in a different spot than the MX-350. I got the smoothest response by putting the MX-350 in front in line with the front speakers. I was thinking of putting the SVS on the side or in the back of the room.

4. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

If you're looking for maximum increase in extension...either the 46CS+ or the CS_Ultra would be the way to go.

The 46CS+ would extend slightly deeper...but the CS_Ultra would have a bit more headroom >19-20hz.(and it would extend to the 16-18hz range in most rooms anyway).

TV