What's new

Best suggestion for $900 in speaker system (1 Viewer)

JeanVanDam

Stunt Coordinator
Anybody can help me out and make a decision on buying a $900 speaker package including a subwoofer? Thanks!

David Head

Second Unit
Take a look at the Rocket ELT-1 setup. It has 5 speakers and a 10" subwoofer with built-in 200W amplifier. It's $899 right now. You can read a review of the package here.

David

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I’d second the ELT package. I have heard this demonstrated and it is a very fine value for the money—most especially for HT use.

The center speaker is, in particular excellent.

David Head

Second Unit
Another suggestions would be a combination of JBL S-26 speakers with a JBL S-Center speaker and an HSU sub:

JBL S-Center II ($129.88 with free shipping from J&R)

JBL S-26 II ($149.88 each pair with free shipping from J&R)

HSU STF-2 sub ($399 + $25 shipping = $424)

The total of this package would be $853.64 shipped.

You can see the JBL speakers at a Best Buy store. J&R is an authorized online dealer for JBL.

David

JeanVanDam

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the suggestions, the Rockets look great and from what I've read they're supposed to be awesome! I'm just wondering if I should shell out $900 for Rockets speakers, without being able to hear them first. How much faith should I put into them? :frowning: ?

WayneO

Supporting Actor
Well based on opinions I've seen in the forums, they seem like a great deal for the money and sound great. If by some chance you don't like them you can return them, yeah, you'll be out the shipping, but I think it's a risk worth taking. I've convinced my brother to buy the same set, but he's waiting to have his house built, so it will be awhile before we get to hear them.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
As Wayne mentions you can return within 30 days if you are not happy and are only out the shipping.

Another approach would be to get on audioenvy.com and see if someone in your area has a set. You can get a demo at their home. You could also try posting over at av123.com—there are several guys on that forum who live in Southern California and most would be happy to demo.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks